You may have heard, but affordable housing development is an essential community need right now and for the foreseeable future. We have our sleeves rolled up and our hard hats on with a focus on the following projects this year:
- Perm loan expected to close the end of May, 2020
- All units have remained full since the project opened in October 2019 and has a waiting list.
Colonia Paz Phase I
- 24 units of farmworker housing expect to break ground summer 2020. The development team includes Pinnacle Architecture, LMC Construction, CASA of Oregon, Nelson Capital.
- Umpqua Bank: 1) purchased Agriculture Credits, 2) sponsored the FHLB which got awarded, 3) Contributed $1,500 towards the grand opening.
Colonia Paz Phase II
- LIFT application was submitted to develop Colonia Paz Phase II which will add an additional 110 units. The development team includes Pinnacle Architecture, LMC Construction, Housing Development Center, Nelson Capital. The LIFT awards are expected to be announced in June/July 2020.
- Meyer Memorial Trust and Ford Family Foundation gave FHDC an additional $10K in the form of an Emergency Grant
Pipeline Development Plans:
- City of Silverton RFP – We are waiting for the city to select the winner.
- Clackamas County Housing Authority – FHDC is working with the Housing Development Center on a preliminary assessment to determine if it’s feasible for FHDC to take over the Arbor Terrace apartments in Molala.
- CCRH – FHDC received funding to hire a housing development intern in Spring, 2020. A meeting was held with all sponsors and constituents decided that due to COVID19, they all would rather wait until the fall to bring aboard an intern. u
On to the next project – FHDC is currently seeking the next community to build our next project. Should you have land to sell or partner with us on affordable housing development, we are all ears!